Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beatification and Canonization

As I'm sure many people know, there have been rumors surrounding the Holy See that say that we are very likely to see the Beatification of both Pope Paul VI and Pope John Paul I as the Year of Faith begins.

Pope Pius XII, I would say should also be on that very short list.

The notions that Pope Pius XII did nothing during the Second World War to protect and save innocent Jews from Nazi oppression, are completely false. Pope Pius XII was a Saint, this I belief firmly. He has already been declared Venerable, but his cause for Beatification and Canonization has stalled. I would hope that the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, and even the Holy Father himself, will recognize the Saintly works of the great Pius XII.

No comments:

Post a Comment